Monday 13 January 2014

Photo:- Meet The 9 year Old Girl Who Passed Her WAEC Examination


She was eight years old when she sat for the
November/December 2013 West African Examination
Council (WAEC) examination. When the result came
out recently, Anjola Victoria Mautin Botoku, passed the
papers.

Currently a grade 6 pupil of Edidot school, Badore, Ajah,
Lagos, had credit in English and French which were the
only subjects her parents allowed her to register for.
In her own words, it was just a game to prove to her
siblings, Babajide and Olujunmi, that there is no big
deal in writing an exam. It all started like a child’s
play, Anjola always confronted hes elder brother,
Babajide who was always driving her away from his
room with the excuse that he needs to concentrate and
prepare for his exams.
Known to have excelled in school and other activities,
her elder brother reminded her that secondary school
exam was not the regular nursery rhymes.
To make her point, she dared her elder brother to
register her and watch out for the result. Excited, they
registered her and increased her age to 13, which is the
approved age for any child to participate in GCE.
Determined not to fail, Anjola decided to share her little
secret with her parents.
“I knew I needed a little grooming, so I told my
parents. They vehemently refused, but I insisted since I
was not in for the exam because I wanted to use it for
an admission into the university. They decided to allow
me try English and French”

She deserves an award if u ask me

No comments:

Post a Comment